Thank you for your interest in a position with the International Wolf Center. We seek to employ individuals interested in furthering our mission. Full and part-time positions will be posted on this page and it is recommended that you submit your resume as they become available.
FLSA: Part-Time (10-20 hours per week), Non-Exempt Position – Hourly|
Supervised by: Retail Store Manager
Location: Ely, Minnesota (northern Minnesota)
This position receives supervision from the Retail Store Manager. This individual is responsible to provide customer oriented sales of merchandise, programs and membership and to strictly adhere to daily financial and security procedures in both the physical store and online store operation. This individual is also responsible to greet guests and provide them with the necessary information that will engage them in a meaningful experience at the International Wolf Center. This person must be committed to providing excellent customer service.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents the International Wolf Center in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current members, donors, visitors, vendors and the communities we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of staff, interns, volunteers and other customers of our services.
- Learns and uses operating practices of the department and the International Wolf Center.
- Upholds the Mission Statement
- Handles confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Sells merchandise, programs and memberships and admissions.
- Adheres to strict financial procedures.
- Stocks and displays merchandise.
- Fills merchant orders.
- Greets guests and distributes essential information at the Ambassador Desk or Wolf Den Store.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Flexible hours required for evening, weekends and after hours programs or functions.
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Follows inventory and cash-handling policies and procedures as set forth by the Finance Department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Individual must be able to retain or reference needed information regarding the International Wolf Center local area and wolves in general and be able to communicate this effectively with visitors and co-workers.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Must be flexible and be able to perform within a changing environment and able to multi-task and perform under deadlines.
- General computers skills, clear speaking voice both in person and on the phone and maintain professional appearance.
- Perform calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages
- Must comprehend written and verbal instructions and have excellent ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to clearly communicate with the public and between the Center’s departments
- Ability to lift and move 40 pounds, reach and bend
- Ability to stand on your feet for extended periods of time
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
This position will remain open until filled. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received. Please pick up application at the International Wolf Center or email email@example.com for an application.
The International Wolf Center’s mission is to advance the survival of wolf populations around the world by teaching about wolves, their relationship to wildlands, and the human role in their future. The world famous interpretive center in Ely, Minnesota features daily presentations and field trips, an award winning museum exhibit and a pack of ambassador wolves living in their wooded territory. The Minneapolis office manages fundraising, membership, communications and organizational administration.