The International Wolf Center seeks proposals for presentations for
International Wolf Symposium 2013: Wolves and Humans at the Crossroads
being held in Duluth, Minnesota USA October 10-13, 2013.
Presentations should relate to the following sessions:
- Wolf Human Interactions
- Wolf Recovery
- Wolf Ecology, Behavior and Genetics
- Wolf Management
- Wildlands: Their Importance to Wolves and Humans
- Dogs' Relationship to Wolves: Genetics, Behavior and Conflict
- Wolves and Environmental Education
- International Status of Wolves
The International Wolf Symposium Program Committee is interested in a wide
range of topics and presenters. Individual presentations will consist of a
15-minute presentation followed by 5 minutes for questions. Other types and
lengths of presentations will be considered on an individual basis.
Please submit your electronic proposal with the following information by
April 30, 2013 to
- Presenter contact information: name, address, phone, e-mail.
- Presentation Title
- Corresponding Session from above list
- Session type: Individual presentation, group discussion, panel, etc.
- Please provide a 250-word abstract or summary of your presentation.
- Description for program (description as it would appear in convention
program; please include presenter's preferred professional title): maximum
- Presenter bio (brief bio for session introduction)
- AV needs: A projector and computer will be provided.
If you are submitting a proposal for something other than an individual
presentation, please provide the following additional details: topic, time
required, type of presentation (Ex: panel discussions, film, etc.).
Proposals are due no later than April 30, 2013 and emailed to the
International Wolf Center
Program Committee. Proposals will be reviewed by the Committee and
evaluated for scientific accuracy and relevance, quality, participant
interest and balance of topics. All presentation submissions will receive a
response from the International Wolf Symposium Committee by June 15, 2013.
Questions: Please contact
Funding for the International Wolf Symposium 2013: Wolves and Humans at the Crossroads has been
provided by: Arthur L. and Elaine V. Johnson Foundation, Harold W. Sweatt Foundation, Turner
Endangered Species Fund, and anonymous donors.